Wednesday 2 November 2011

Chess Piece



      This is my chess piece. For this chess piece drawing I had to make sure the background had movement. Also the chess piece was proportional.  It had to have a sense of rhythm and draw your eyes.  Also the value of the chess piece and background had to be accurate. Especially from the point of view you were drawing it in.

       So for mine I had just looked at my chess piece straight. So the ends especially have darker values. Although my chess piece does not look so super realistic like I was hoping for it did turn out pretty good with the shading.  To get my chess piece to look like this I had set it down on a table, and then put a book right beside it to make it darker. After I had put a bright light so it adds some more value to the picture. In this picture the proportion of the chess piece was meant to be small. This way your eye will go to it more. Although you can still tell it was a chess piece. 

      Now for the background for this piece I would say is the best part of the picture. I really liked the way it had turned out in the end. In the beginning I had thought that maybe it wouldn't work out that well. All because it was some what difficult to do , because of the  way it had to be shaded. The whole background had to come from memory which was hard, but it did turn out well and I am really happy about that. So for the movement in this picture. The movement is very good I would think, because it draws your eyes all along the page and brings it back to the chess piece too. Since the middle of the background (right at the chess piece) has a very 3D sort of motion in it. It sort of looks like there is a hole there and it is getting bigger as it moves out. 

      Overall for my chess piece I think I did a pretty good job with the chess piece. But an amazing job for the background of it. It had met all the standards of the moving your eyes around the page. So I think I did a good job,and I hope you enjoyed this too!!! :)

1 comment: